- Published by
- Posted on
- 1 Comment
Oh midterm season, how you bring us so much grief. Desperate times call for desperate measures; we’ve all seen or heard (hopefully not participated in) some form of cheating. By cheating, I’m referring to methods that make peeking at your neighbour’s test or writing on your hand look completely amateur. Ingenious, innovative, counterproductive, reckless, or whatever you want to call it, here’s 10 outrageous ways people have cheated on tests:
Photo Credit: The Meta Picture
1. Had notes or cheat sheets hidden in water bottles, Kleenex boxes or tissue paper, with which they pretended to blow their nose while actually looking at their notes (sent by @Crystal_sushi). There’s even a YouTube video with 7M views detailing how to use Coke bottles in the exam room:
2. Used a thick rubber band, where they stretched it and wrote answers/notes. Answers must be written when the rubber band is stretched; when it is unstretched, it would just show illegible inkblots
3. Turned a friend’s back into a crib sheet and sat behind the friend to discreetly lift his/her shirt during the exam (sent by @iamsholanki)
Photo Credit: Medical Humour
4. Used a wireless earpiece and a Bluetooth transmitter, which allows someone from a distance to read answers to them. This better have worked for them, because some of these kits apparently cost a hefty sum of nearly $300!
5. Wore a tie and slipped notes behind it, or hid notes in their fly
6. Pretended to listen to music on their iPod, which actually contained recorded notes (they made up an excuse about how they MUST listen to music, otherwise they would have a mental breakdown). Of course, this only works when mp3 players are allowed in the exam
Photo Credit: The Gadgets Page
7. Used Morse code, or some alternative (e.g. coughing, desk tapping)
8. Planted notes/textbooks in the washroom before the exam so that they could come back from a “washroom break”, refreshed and enlightened. Another variation includes one smart “leader” writing all the answers to an MC exam and hiding the paper in a specific stall, so that others in on the scheme could visit that stall one by one
9. Had a friend distract the professor or TA by asking a long question, while they could either look at someone’s test, look at their notes, or whisper for answers
DISCLAIMER: We do not advocate any form of cheating whatsoever, and sincerely hope that you have not found this article inspiring. Getting caught may result in: failed course, expulsion, getting kicked out of the house, working at Burger King, FML, no friends, no life, etc.
Missed something? Feel free to add confessional comments below.
By the way, 95% of university students improved their grades after using Notesolution for course notes and study contents. Click here to study smarter